If you are putting your Lakeland Fl home up for sale, you should make sure that you do everything possible to entice your buyers to view your home. Competition is tough. Your home’s list price isn’t the only thing that will attract potential buyers to your home.
Color has a powerful influence in affecting your potential buyer’s mood. So make sure to harness that power to your advantage! Here are some tips on how to sell your Lakeland Fl home with color:
1. Consider the color of your walls and ceilings. Most buyers prefer clean and fresh colors in homes. Going neutral is the best and safest option. But neutral could include a wide range of colors from brown to grey to yellow. If you are wondering which color would work best with your Lakeland Fl home, consider your architectural style. If you have a traditional home, then go for the warm, rich tones. If you have a beach or cottage home, you could use natural fibers and earth toned browns and pair it with crisp shades of blue and green to complement the beach or countryside.
2. Be consistent with your theme throughout your home. If your living room has a beach theme, then don’t update your kitchen with dark, heavy slate tiles. Buyers will easily notice this clash.
3. Work within your budget. Updating your home with colors doesn’t mean you have to empty your pockets or break the bank. For tiles, go for ceramic or porcelain which are more cost efficient and they also come in a wide range of neutral colors. If you have a higher budget, then you could opt for marble, travertine, or limestone
4. Go for middle ground floor colors. If your home has laminate or hardwood flooring, then the usual color would be mid-range browns. Avoid very light or dark shades if you plan to update your flooring. Middle ground floors are the safest and most unlikely to turn off potential buyers.
5. Have your color in mind while you stage your home. If you are going to stage your Lakeland Fl home, start with your neutral color as your backdrop, then choose an accent of one or two colors. If done in the same color scheme, stripes and floral accents could really work to your advantage.
The most important thing to remember when choosing a color is it should appeal not just to your own taste, but to a wide variety of buyers. Going for neutral colors is the safest and best way to attract buyers into your Lakeland Fl home.