Overall Polk County Existing Home Prices for July 2010
Polk County’s overall existing home sales still strong for numbers of homes sold for the Month of July with a total of 617 properties sold despite the declining home prices and the end of the first-time homebuyer tax credit. Prices continue to decrease downwards blaming it still widely on discounted distressed sales throughout the county from the previous year and years’ prior.
A look back in history:
- July 2006 – median price $185,000 (-51.41%) – 721 homes sold
- July 2007 – median price $180,000 (-50.06%) – 437 homes sold
- July 2008 – median price $147,575 (-39.08%) – 462 homes sold
- July 2009 – median price $108,000 (-16.76%) – 598 homes sold
617 existing homes sold – a decrease of 23.54% from the previous month (807 sold homes) in Polk County, FL.
Overall sales decreased marginally to $89,000 in Polk’s median price for existing homes from the previous month of $95,000, however, the Polk’s median home price from the previous year is showing a double-digit decline by 16.76%.
Take a look at the city you live in and see what the numbers are for July 2010 for existing home sales – single-family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, duplex, villas, and townhomes -including distressed properties in Polk County. Please take note only sales recorded by Realtors® are taken into account. The source for this data is Mid-Florida Regional MLS Service; it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
City Average Sold Price Median Sold Price # of Homes Sold
Let me break down July 2010 Polk County existing homes prices into various categories:
- 520 Single family homes – median price $100,000 – 150 Average Days to Closing
- 31 Townhomes, villas and duplex units – median price $55,000 – 138 Average Days to Closing
- 37 Condominiums – median sold price – $70,450 – 119 Average Days on Closing
- 30 Modular, manufactured/mobile homes in park/out of park – median sold price $39,000 – 176 Average Days on Closing
Let’s take a look at the distressed Polk County real estate market!
There were 215 existing Polk County homes sold, not categorized as distressed properties, at a median sold price of $125,000 with 169 average days to closing, which counted for almost 34.85% of our total sales. The distressed properties however; which includes Bank owned, pre-foreclosure, in foreclosure and short sales counted for 65.15% of our total sales in Polk County for the month of July.
- 307 sold homes were Bank Owned – median price $73,000 – Average Days to Closing 94.
- 95 sold homes were Short Sales – median price $95,000 – Average Days to Closing 280