Overall Polk County Existing Home Sales for February 2010
Polk County’s overall existing home sales increased and it goes along with what has been reported at state and national level with increased sales for February. However, prices continue to drift downwards blaming it widely on discounted distressed sales throughout.
596 existing homes sold – an increase of 19% from the previous month (500 sold homes) in Polk County and an increase in sales activity of 145 Polk County homes sold from the previous year of 451 homes sold.
Overall Polk’s median price for existing homes decreased by 12.5% from the previous month to $85,700 and respectively decreased 15% from the previous year.
Take a look at the city you live in and see what the numbers are for February 2010 for existing home sales – single family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, duplex, villas, and townhomes -including distressed properties in Polk County. Please take note only sales recorded by Realtors® are taken into account. The source for this data is Mid-Florida Regional MLS Service, it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
City Average Sold Price Median Sold Price # of Homes Sold
|INDIAN LAKE ESTATES||64,272||64,272||2|
Let me break down February 2010 Polk County existing homes sales into various categories:
- 514 Single family homes, townhomes, villas and ½ duplex – median sold price $99,000 – 147 Average Days to Closing
- 39 Condominiums – median sold price – $51,111 – 187 Average Days on Closing
- 43 Modular, manufactured/mobile homes in park/out of park – median sold price $55,000 – 233 Average Days on Closing
Let’s take a look at the distressed Polk County real estate market!
There were 232 existing homes sold, not categorized as distressed properties, at a median sold price of $111,000 with 200 average days to closing, which counted for almost 39% of our total sales. The distressed properties however; which includes Bank owned, pre-foreclosure, in foreclosure and short sales counted for 61% of our total sales in Polk County for the month of February.
- 283 sold homes were Bank Owned – median price $75,000 – Average Days to Closing 87
- 81 sold homes were Short Sales – median price $98,000 – Average Days to Closing 274
For your local market report and updates in Lakeland, please visit my blog at www.lakelandfloridaliving.com.