Polk County’s overall existing home sales slipped to a total of 545 Polk County Homes sold in January. Average home prices have also declined from the previous month to $93,705 by almost 12.50% resulting in a rough start for the Polk County housing market as traditional home sellers struggle to keep up with homes declining values.
A look back in history of Polk County’s overall existing median home prices:
- January 2006 – median price $180,000 (-55.56%) – 618 homes sold
- January 2007 – median price $189,500 (-57.78%) – 444 homes sold
- January 2008 – median price $154,350 (-48.17%) – 290 homes sold
- January 2009 – median price $98,000 (-18.37%) – 389 homes sold
- January 2010 – median price $97,950 (-18.33%) – 504 homes sold
545 existing homes sold – a 16% decrease from the previous month (648) sold homes in Polk County, FL.
Overall median sales decreased also by 11% to $80,000 for homes that were sold in Polk County. Take a look at the city you live in and see what the numbers are for January 2010 for existing home sales – single-family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, duplex, villas, and town homes -including distressed homes in Polk County. Please take note only sales recorded by Realtors® are taken into account. The source for this data is Mid-Florida Regional MLS Service; it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
City Average Sold Price Median Sold Price # of Homes Sold
What did Polk County Home Buyers buy?
147 homebuyers bought at a price range of $49,999 and below
198 home buyers bought at a price range of $50,000 – $99,999
121 home buyers bought at a price range of $100,000 – $149,999
40 home buyers bought at a price range of $150,000 – $199,999
16 home buyers bought at a price range of $200,000 – $249,999
13 home buyers bought at a price range of $250,000 – $299,999
3 home buyers bought at a price range of $300,000 – $349,999
5 home buyers bought at a price range of $350,000 – $399,999
1 home buyer bought at a price range of $400,000 – $499,999
1 home buyer bought at a price range of $500,000 – $599,999
Almost 60% of buyers were cash buyers who bought the majority of the Polk County homes that were listed as REO/foreclosures and Short Sales.
Let me break down January 2011 Polk County existing homes sales into various categories:
- 459 Single family homes – median price $88,000 – 161 Average Days to Closing
- 31 Town homes, villas and duplex units – median price $63,000 – 122 Average Days to Closing
- 24 Condominiums – median sold price – $51,250 – 157 Average Days on Closing
- 40 Modular, manufactured/mobile homes in park/out of park – median sold price $47,950 – 281 Average Days on Closing
Overall Polk County’s Foreclosure and Short Sales Prices – January 2011!
There were 168 existing Polk County homes sold, not categorized as distressed properties, at a median sold price of $108,750 with 217 average days to closing. Traditional sales counted for almost 31.00% of our total sales. The distressed properties however; which includes Bank owned, pre-foreclosure, in foreclosure and short sales continues to dictate the Polk County real estate market as it accounted for 69% of our total sales for the month of January.
- 281 sold homes were foreclosures/REO Bank Owned – median price $65,000 – Average Days to Closing 107.
- 96 sold homes were Short Sales – median price $86,150 – Average Days to Closing 255.
Copyright © 2011 By Petra Norris * Polk County Overall Existing Home Prices – January 2011*