Part 1: 15 Reasons Why Homeowners Sell Their Lakeland Fl Homes
Homeowners in the U.S. sell their homes or move every 5 to 7 years on average. Why do homeowners sell their homes in Lakeland Fl and elsewhere in the entire country after such a brief period of time? This may be puzzling for homeowners who have lived in their homes for the past 30 years or more. It is not a shock these days that people move this often. Here are some reasons why people sell their homes:
1. Upsizing. Usually, first time homebuyers outgrow their starter homes due to a growing family, like when a couple has more children, or the children grow up and need more space to move around the home, then these Lakeland Fl homeowners may need to find a bigger home.
2. Upgrading. Let’s admit it, part of American thinking is people want what they don’t have and always want bigger, better, more luxurious, and upscale homes. The grass is always greener on the other side.
3. Correcting a bad buying decision. Some homeowners think they made a mistake when they bought their current home and want to correct this mistake by buying a new Lakeland Fl home. It might be that not having a yard used to be okay, but eventually the homeowner longs to garden or have an outdoor play area for the children, or the home is in a very busy street full of noises from the vehicles passing by and the homeowners would want to move to someplace more quiet.
4. Job Relocation. Whether it’s a job relocation, or changing jobs altogether, most employees prefer to live near their place of work to avoid spending more time commuting or getting stuck for two hours in heavy traffic everyday.
5. Personal Relationships. When a couple decides to live together or get married, then that means one of them would have to sell their home. On the other hand, break-ups could also be a reason for a homeowner to sell the home, since the homeowner might be unable to sustain the mortgage on a single income, or the homeowner simply wants to leave the home that has too many bad memories and wants to get a fresh start.
6. Empty Nest. Another type of relationship affecting the decision to sell a home is the relationship of parents and children. Once the children have grown up and moved out, the parents might opt to sell the home and buy a smaller Lakeland Fl home that is easier to maintain.
7. Changes in the neighborhood. Whether these changes are economic, social, or physical, once the homeowner feels that the neighborhood has worsened, this could be reason enough to sell the home and move to another area. Examples of these changes are construction of a freeway nearby, making it noisy or new neighbors who are loud and inconsiderate.
Thinking of selling your home! If you experience any of these changes and you considering selling your home, I have a passion selling your home and would like to share my online marketing expertise with you. Please email me at petra[at]petranorris.com or call 863-619-6918. I have lived in Lakeland for the past 20 years and service areas of Lakeland, Auburndale, Bartow, Winter Haven, Mulberry and the surrounding cities in Central Florida.