Things To Do – Lakeland FL Mayfaire By The Lake – Mother’s Day Weekend 2012
What was once a very small event, Lakeland’s Mayfaire By The Lake has grown in one of the premier events on the shores of the gorgeous Lake Morton. It is indeed a treat for art and music lovers, a true family event that has something for everyone.
- With over 155 artists showcasing their crafts, such as jeweleries, paintings, abstract, pottery, and much more I’m sure there is something for everyone.
- Children’s tent for kids of all abilities to use their imagination on creating and painting
- Free shuttle service will help you get around Lake Morton and the Polk Museum of Art
- Food and beverage vendors will be situated around Lake Morton to quench your thirst or still your hunger of your favorite food such as funnel cakes, smoothies, brats and much more
- Kids Zone has rock climbing and bounce houses
- Live entertainment of local musings from all kinds of genre as well as dance groups on the front lawn of the Lakeland Public Library
Best of all – Admission to the Mayfaire By-The-Lake and the Mayfaire Saturday Night/Festival of Arts and Athlets on Saturday is FREE!
The Mayfaire Saturday Night/Festival of Arts & Athletes is Saturday May 12, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. will have the Mayfaire 5k classic race at Lake Mirror as well as fireworks display. So bring your lawn chair relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset over Lake Mirror.
I have attended many Mayfaires By-The-Lake, which attracts about 65,000 visitors from all around the world, and have purchased art pieces I fell in love with. If you are looking for a gift for your beloved Mother, there are gorgeous art pieces for sale that I’m sure you will cherish for many years to come. It is truly a great time to enjoy Mother’s Day with family and friends.
Lakeland FL Mayfaire By-The-Lake is one of the reason why Lakeland is a family oriented city.