A Buyer’s Guide in Choosing A Lakeland Fl Home
In buying your dream Lakeland Fl home, here are many things to consider. Each decision you make is very important in the home buying process. Here are some of the important things you should consider when buying a Lakeland Fl home:
1. Neighborhood: Since neighborhoods are as varied as home buyers, it is important to consider what you really want and need. If you have children, living near the boundaries of a school district would be important. If you have an active lifestyle, check out the community’s amenities. For more tips, check out my article on how to choose the perfect neighborhood.
2. Square footage: Again, your needs should be considered when it comes to the size of your home. An average American home is 2195 square feet. The trend nowadays is for larger homes, compared to 30 years ago when the average size was only 1645 square feet. Buyers nowadays prefer larger homes for future expansion or additional rooms such as media rooms, home office, exercise rooms, etc.
3. Floor plan: Buyers have a wide range of choices with the variety of architectural styles available now. Some may prefer open floor plans which are great for entertaining guests. Some may prefer more traditional, cozy rooms. Consider your lifestyle and if the home’s floor plan meets your daily living.
4. Finishes: It is also important to know in advance what details you would like in your dream home. For example, the kitchen could have a wide range of counter finishes like laminate or granite. Would you like marble floors or will ceramic tiles do? Do you prefer green building materials like recycled counters, bamboo floors, or zero-voc paint? Remember, all these choices will affect the resale value of your home.
5. Amenities: Our homes extend past the boundaries of the actual property. A big part of our daily living will be also spent in the recreational spots, parks, shops, and restaurants nearby.
6. Landscaping: Before you get enticed by that large yard, make sure you are ready for the large work it would entail to maintain it. It may mean more room for entertaining and family barbecues, but unless you could afford the cost of the upkeep of that yard (in both money and time), then you may want to consider a smaller one.
Make sure you discuss all these areas with your Lakeland Fl real estate agent while choosing your dream home. They could help you arrive at a perfect compromise between this list of choices. They will also be able to guide you as to what items on your list you can get within your budget. Good luck on your search for your dream home!