8 Top Dining Room Staging Tips for Your Lakeland Fl Home For Sale
If you are planning on staging your Lakeland Fl home for sale, one of the easiest rooms to stage is the dining area.
Here are some tips to help you in staging your dining room to make it more attractive to potential buyers:
1. Think of your target buyers. Think of your most likely buyers and what type of lifestyle they have. Do they have children? Are they retirees? How will they use the dining space? Once these are all clear to you, it will be easier to think of the lay out and accessorizing your dining room.
2. Think of the purpose of the room. Every home needs a dining area, whether it is inside the kitchen or part of an open living/ dining area, or a separate dining room. All buyers will need somewhere to sit and eat.
Most formal dining rooms are not used very often and end up as a makeshift office or a dumping ground for bills and magazines. If your dining room looks like this, make sure you stage it in a way that clearly communicates that it is a “dining room” before listing your Lakeland Fl home for sale.
3. Furniture layout. Many formal dining rooms have too much furniture that are quite often heavy or outdated. Dining rooms do not need much furniture. Just a table and chairs, plus a console or buffet table if there is still room. Buyers need to be able to walk around your dining area easily. If you have a huge dining table with 10 chairs, you don’t have to show all 10 chairs. One trick is to remove 2 chairs and place them on either side of the console table. Round tables work perfectly for smaller dining spaces. Glass tops are good since they look lighter.
4. Walls. Painting your dining room a dark color and adding wallpaper might not be a good idea since it may not match the buyer’s taste. If your paint color makes the room look dark or the color of your wallpaper is not for everyone, consider repainting it with a lighter neutral color. Buyers are more attracted to rooms that are light and bright.
5. Floors. If you have carpets with bright or crazy colors and patterns, you might consider replacing them with a more neutral or lighter color. If your dining room has wood floors, make sure to polish them. This will make it more attractive to buyers.
6. Artwork. This is important to have in the dining room since it makes the blank walls more interesting. Choose artwork that goes well with the dining room. The best place to hang your artwork in the dining room is over the console or buffet table.
7. Accessories. Your dining room doesn’t need too many accessories. There are only 2 places you can put accessories in your dining room: the dining table and the console. You can set the table or not, either way is alright when staging a dining room, but setting the dining table usually looks contrived. All your dining table really needs is a vase of flowers or a bowl filled with one type of fruit, or 3 similar objects on the center of the table. Once trick for console tables is to go for height by using a vase, candlesticks, or a lamp. Groups of 1, 3, or 5 with different heights work best or choose 2 of the same accessory, like lamps for either side of the console.
8. Light. Make sure there is enough light in the dining area. A pendant light over the dining table is an interesting feature. Make sure the style of the light matches the style of your home and is not too dated. Pendant lights are not expensive. You can change your pendant light to a more modern one relatively cheaply.
Staging your dining room doesn’t have to be expensive. These tips and projects are relatively inexpensive to do but will go a long way in impressing buyers and attracting more offers for your Lakeland Fl home for sale. For other staging tips, please click here