Spring cleaning season has come and gone. We’re now approaching the hot summer heat and sometimes, even an air conditioner is not enough. Be ready for the coming hot summer months. Keep your home in Lakeland 55+ community cool this summer with a few simple tips.
- Keep the drapes closed. Research has shown that up to 30% of heat in your home comes from your windows. So pull the curtains down and lower the indoor temperature of up to 20 degrees.
- Set your ceiling fans to counter-clockwise. Ask any Lakeland 55+ communities real estate broker and they’ll tell you the same thing: seasonal adjustment of your ceiling fans are important. This counter-clockwise rotation helps in moving a chilly wind breeze across the room of your home.
- Change your sheets. Go for cotton sheets this summer season. Cotton helps you stay cooler for longer, compared to flannel or fleece blankets. You can also opt for buckwheat pillows as these don’t hold on to your body heat, ensuring a cooler night’s sleep.
- Turn on your bathroom fans or exhaust fans. These fans help to pull out the hotter air inside your Lakeland 55+ communities house. But don’t turn them on for too long though, unless you want to let the cooler air escape together with the hot air these fans are pulling out.
- Maintain your air conditioners properly. Maximize the efficiency of your AC units by keeping them in tip top shape, for this you can follow the advises Website, blog. Seal all air conditioner ducts and don’t use your dehumidifier while your AC is running. Doing so makes your AC work harder than it has to, causing it to weaken faster.
There are many ways to help cool your Lakeland 55+ communities home during the summer. With just a few adjustments here and there, you can enjoy a cooler, more energy-efficient way to live – without having to blow up your electricity bill!
Call me, Petra Norris, at (863) 619-6918 or send me an email at email@example.com if you’re looking for a Lakeland Florida real estate agent with superior local knowledge, experience, professionalism, integrity, and personal service to help you sell or buy Lakeland 55+ Community homes for sale.
Petra Norris, REALTOR®…
Going The Extra Mile For You!