Temporary Relief for Lakeland FL Homeowners through FL Hardest Hit Help
With high unemployment rates here in Lakeland FL and throughout Polk County, a $1 billion temporary relief program is expected to help 40,000 Floridians with their mortgage payments. It is first come, first serve basis and there are some ground rules that apply:
An eligible homeowner:
- Must be a Florida resident;
- Must occupy property as primary residence (the property cannot be vacant, abandoned or rented);
- Borrower/co-borrower must be unemployed or underemployed through no fault of his/her own, which makes the first mortgage unaffordable;
- Must have documented total household income at or below 140% of the area median income (AMI), adjusted for household size;
- Must have an active checking/savings account that can be debited by the ACH method of funds transfer;
- May not have unencumbered assets of $5,000 or more, or three times the current monthly mortgage payment (whichever is greater);
- Cannot have a bankruptcy that has not been discharged or dismissed; and
- Cannot have been convicted of a mortgage-related felony in the last 10 years.
The current mortgage:
- Must be serviced by a participating lender, who agrees to accept payments on behalf of the homeowner;
- Must not be more than 180 days past due at the time of application;
- Must have been originated on or before January 1, 2009; and
- Must have an existing principal balance of less than $400,000.
The above stated information was taken from the Florida Hardest Hit (HHF) official web site at: www.flhardesthithelp.org and is not all inclusive. I encourage you to visit their website and start your application process as soon as possible.
I am all about helping Lakeland FL homeowners and homeowners throughout Polk County, who are in distress due to unemployment or any other financial distress, keeping their homes. For some folks, six months is all they need to get back on their feet and for some the answer is much more grim where a Short Sale may be your best solution.
I want to share with you various of resources that are available to you that is also available for you to view at Florida Hardest Hit-Help website:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CDV Transatlantic,Inc. is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit.
Copyright © 2011 By Petra Norris * Temporary Relief for Lakeland FL Homeowners through FL Hardest Hit Help*