Why You Should Hire a Realtor® When Selling Your Home in Lakeland FL
Most people assume that the terms “real estate agent” and “Realtor®” can be used interchangeably, but it’s not. If you want the best representation when selling your house in Lakeland FL then it is better to hire a Realtor®. All Realtors® are real estate agents, but not all real estate agents are Realtors®.
When an agent joins the one-million strong National Association of Realtors®, he or she is immediately and strictly required to adhere to the following rules.
- When a Realtor® is in charge of selling your home in Lakeland Florida, you can rest assured that the Realtor® will treat you and all other parties with complete honesty and that the Realtor® will always act on the behalf of the client and put the client’s interests first.
- A Realtor® will never misrepresent, exaggerate, or conceal any integral aspect of the property he or she is selling. A Realtor® will also take the appropriate lengths to investigate any situation concerning a Lakeland FL house for sale if it’s warranted.
- You can also rest assured that a Realtor® won’t hesitate to cooperate with other agents if it’s in your interest to do so.
- A Realtor® won’t try to lie to you about representing your home when in actuality he or she wants to buy it, too. There’s a conflict of interest if so, but a Realtor® won’t let that happen.
- A Realtor® won’t double-cross you. He or she won’t conspire or collaborate with other parties without your consent and approval and a Realtor® certainly won’t accept fees of any kind without your knowledge and consent either. Likewise, all parties have to be informed about the Realtor®’s acceptance of fees from multiple sources – if he intends to, that is.
- A Realtor® can be trusted with your money. He or she is sworn not to co-mingle your funds with his or her own. If you feel better providing your Realtor® funds to take the necessary actions for expediting the process of selling your home in Lakeland FL, you don’t need to worry that it will end badly.
- A Realtor® would never ask you – the homeowner – or the homebuyer or any other concerned party to sign on the dotted line without making sure that everyone explicitly understands the terms and conditions of the document they are committing themselves to.
- A Realtor® is sworn never to discriminate against other parties in any way.
- A Realtor® won’t ever offer you services that they are not qualified for or competent in. Certainly, they will not seek to provide you unqualified legal advice if they are not licensed to practice law in the first place.
A Realtor® makes 17 promises all in all to provide clients complete assurance about their integrity and capabilities. When you have a Realtor® at your side, it’s likely to be all smooth sailing ahead when selling your house in Lakeland FL.