Lakeland FL Housing Inventory Is Shrinking
It has been a while since I last reported on the current real estate market in Florida, especially it’s current housing inventory. Back in 2009 when I first started with my weekly inventory update, Lakeland’s housing inventory was over 2,000 homes. In 2010, Lakeland homes for sale slipped to 1800 homes and by mid June 2011 it’s inventory shrunk further to around 1400 homes that were for sale.
Let’s jump to April 2012 and take a look at the current Lakeland FL housing inventory:
1133 Lakeland FL homes for sale – active status (04/05/12)
– 779 homes for sale that are traditional sales
– 269 homes for sale that are short sales
– 85 homes for sale that are bank-owned/foreclosures
66 Lakeland homes currently have a status of “active with contract”
– 3 homes for sale that are traditional sales
– 61 homes for sale that are short sales
– 2 homes for sale that are bank-owned/foreclosures
708 Lakeland homes currently have a status of “pending”
– 223 homes that are traditional sales
– 398 homes that are short sales
– 87 homes that are bank-owned/foreclosures.
This reduction of Lakeland FL housing inventory is a clear indication that we are heading in the right direction of a balanced housing market. However, I do suspect with more foreclosure inventory homes in some communities may continue to drive the housing prices down a bit.
So if you in the market to sell or buy a home, give me a call at (863) 619-6918 I can show you how the inventory and home prices reflect in your community you live in or you want to purchase. In the meantime, click on the icon below for your Lakeland FL home search.