Overall Polk County Existing Home Prices for September 2010
Polk County’s overall existing home sales fell a fraction from the previous month for home prices and for numbers of homes sold for the Month of September with a total of 624 properties sold. The decline in home prices remains a constant in the overall existing housing market. Florida’s median housing prices for existing single family homes in September was $133,400 down 6% from the previous year. Prices continued to decrease downwards blaming it still widely on discounted distressed sales throughout, high unemployment rates and low consumer confidence.
A look back in history of Polk County’s existing home prices:
- September 2006 – median price $185,000 (-54.05%) – 633 homes sold
- September 2007 – median price $170,000 (-50.00%) – 342 homes sold
- September 2008 – median price $139,900 (-39.24%) – 476 homes sold
- September 2009 – median price $102,555 (-17.12%) – 599 homes sold
624 existing homes sold – a slight increase from the previous month (637 sold homes) in Polk County, FL.
Overall sales decreased marginally by 3.41% to $85,000 in Polk’s median price for existing homes from the previous month of $88,000, however, the Polk’s median home price from the previous year is showing a double-digit decline by 17.12%. Take a look at the city you live in and see what the numbers are for September 2010 for existing home sales – single-family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, duplex, villas, and townhomes -including distressed homes in Polk County. Please take note only sales recorded by Realtors® are taken into account. The source for this data is Mid-Florida Regional MLS Service; it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
City Average Sold Price Median Sold Price # of Homes Sold
|INDIAN LAKE ESTATES||43,000||43,000||1|
Let me break down September 2010 Polk County existing homes sales into various categories:
- 532 Single family homes – median price $92,805 – 159 Average Days to Closing
- 29 Townhomes, villas and duplex units – median price $51,500 – 143 Average Days to Closing
- 33 Condominiums – median sold price – $57,000 – 139 Average Days on Closing
- 30 Modular, manufactured/mobile homes in park/out of park – median sold price $34,000 – 171 Average Days on Closing
Overall Polk County’s Foreclosure and Short Sales Prices – September 2010!
There were 191 existing Polk County homes sold, not categorized as distressed properties, at a median sold price of $117,500 with 173 average days to closing, which counted for almost 30.61% of our total sales. The distressed properties however; which includes Bank owned, pre-foreclosure, in foreclosure and short sales counted for 69.39% of our total sales in Polk County for the month of September.
- 323 sold homes were Bank Owned – median price $69,900 – Average Days to Closing 114.
- 110 sold homes were Short Sales – median price $79,750 – Average Days to Closing 259.
Article originally published in Polk Homes of The Ledger’s Media edition
Copyright © 2010 By Petra Norris * Overall Polk County Existing Home Prices for September 2010*