Overall Polk County FL Existing Home Prices for October 2010
Polk County’s overall existing home sales and prices declined from the previous month for the month of October with a total of 557 properties sold. The number of homes sold for October was the second lowest for this year, reasoning the recent foreclosure moratorium. The decline in home prices remains a constant in the overall existing housing market. According to the Florida Association of Realtors®, Florida’s median housing prices for existing single family homes in October was $136,600 down 3% from the previous year.
The graph below represents average Polk County Existing Home Sales.
A look back in history of Polk County’s existing home prices:
- October 2006 – median price $191,982 (-55.72%) – 630 homes sold
- October 2007 – median price $174,900 (-51.40%) – 395 homes sold
- October 2008 – median price $130,000 (-34.62%) – 444 homes sold
- October 2009 – median price $99,000 (-14.14%) – 617 homes sold
557 existing homes sold – a 11% decrease from the previous month (624) sold homes in Polk County, FL.
Overall sales remained the same at $85,000 in Polk’s median price for existing homes from the previous month however, the Polk’s median home price from the previous year is showing a double-digit decline by 14.14%. Take a look at the city you live in and see what the numbers are for October 2010 for existing home sales – single-family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, duplex, villas, and town homes -including distressed homes in Polk County. Please take note only sales recorded by Realtors® are taken into account. The source for this data is Mid-Florida Regional MLS Service; it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
City Average Sold Price Median Sold Price # of Homes Sold
Let me break down October 2010 Polk County existing homes sales into various categories:
- 463 Single family homes – median price $94,900 – 149 Average Days to Closing
- 24 Town homes, villas and duplex units – median price $75,300 – 176 Average Days to Closing
- 34 Condominiums – median sold price – $55,600 – 147 Average Days on Closing
- 36 Modular, manufactured/mobile homes in park/out of park – median sold price $42,750 – 1821 Average Days on Closing
Overall Polk County’s Foreclosure and Short Sales Prices – October 2010!
There were 199 existing Polk County homes sold, not categorized as distressed properties, at a median sold price of $115,000 with 162 average days to closing, which counted for almost 35.73% of our total sales. The distressed properties however; which includes Bank owned, pre-foreclosure, in foreclosure and short sales counted for 63.27% of our total sales in Polk County for the month of October.
- 252 sold homes were Bank Owned – median price $68,500 – Average Days to Closing 108.
- 106 sold homes were Short Sales – median price $86,500 – Average Days to Closing 237.