A look back in history:
- June 2006 – median price $185,000 (-48.65%) – 872 homes sold
- June 2007 – median price $184,000 (-48.37%) – 511 homes sold
- June 2008 – median price $155,000 (-38.71%) – 500 homes sold
- June 2009 – median price $95,000 – 586 homes sold
807 existing homes sold – an increase of 3.86% from the previous month (777 sold homes) in Polk County and an increase in sales activity by 37.71% of overall existing homes sold from the previous year of 586.
Overall sales increased marginal by 2.98% in Polk’s median price for existing homes from the previous month to $95,000, however, the median home price from the previous year is showing a decline by 8.21%.
Take a look at the city you live in and see what the numbers are for June 2010 for existing home sales – single-family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, duplex, villas, and townhomes -including distressed properties in Polk County. Please take note only sales recorded by Realtors® are taken into account. The source for this data is Mid-Florida Regional MLS Service; it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
City Average Sold Price Median Price Sold Homes
|INDIAN LAKE ESTATES||133,000||134,833||3|
Let me break down June 2010 Polk County existing homes sales into various categories:
- 656 Single family homes – median price $108,000 – 149 Average Days to Closing
- 35 Townhomes, villas and duplex units – median price $70,000 – 135 Average Days to Closing
- 67 Condominiums – median sold price – $72,000 – 101 Average Days on Closing
- 49 Modular, manufactured/mobile homes in park/out of park – median sold price $54,900 – 177 Average Days on Closing
Let’s take a look at the distressed Polk County real estate market!
There were 331 existing Polk County homes sold, not categorized as distressed properties, at a median sold price of $115,000 with 166 average days to closing, which counted for almost 41% of our total sales. The distressed properties however; which includes Bank owned, pre-foreclosure, in foreclosure and short sales counted for 59% of our total sales in Polk County for the month of June.
- 362 sold homes were Bank Owned – median price $82,000 – Average Days to Closing 88.
- 114 sold homes were Short Sales – median price $99,250 – Average Days to Closing 272