After buying a new Carillon Lakes community home for sale, you might feel a bit overwhelmed with all the things you have to take care of, mostly involving bubble wraps and cargo boxes. If you’re a new homeowner, this is truly a time for celebration as you enjoy an exciting accomplishment but getting settled into your new place can be difficult. Before you throw any housewarming parties, make sure that you’re well-adjusted and ready to take on the influx of friends and family members.
Turn your house into a home with these stress-free moving in tips:
- Change your address. Visit the local post office or the website of the United States Postal Service to get a change of address form. Complete the form and file it as soon as you possibly can to avoid any courier misunderstandings and late bill payments, if any.
- Transfer utilities and services. Make sure to have all services at your old place turned off. You don’t want to be receiving late payment or disconnection notices for services you haven’t been using anymore, right? Change your water, cable, gas, internet, phone, and other services to your new Carillon Lakes community house address. Depending on your service provider, this can be done over the phone or online.
- Map out a realistic timeline. You’ve changed addresses, your boxes have arrived, and the U-Haul people have gone. What to do next? Before you rummage around the boxes and start taking things out, create a realistic timeline for settling into your home in Carillon Lakes community. Try to tackle two to three rooms a week, starting with the kitchen, living room, and bedroom. This strategy ensures that you’re settled in within a month or so.
- Decorate smart. Do not be tempted to buy as many beautiful pieces of furniture you find in the store. Make sure each piece is useful and necessary to the functions of the different rooms.
- Check safety and other small improvements. Make sure to check if all the locks have been replaced, the security codes have been changed, and that there are new batteries in the smoke detectors of your house in Carillon Lakes community.
- Introduce yourself to the neighbors. Make it a point to get to know your neighbors. Be friendly but not too imposing. Whenever you run into any of them on the streets, always be armed with a smile. You’ll never know when you need their help or advice in finding the best restaurant around Carillon Lakes community.
There’s no easy way to get settled in a new place, especially if you’ve left your old life and home behind. But if you follow these few tips, you can enjoy a smooth and stress-free way to make this new house a home.
Find out more homeowner tips, home improvement how to’s, real estate news, and more on Carillon Lakes community homes at http://www.LakelandFloridaLiving.com.
Call me, Petra Norris, at (863) 619-6918 or send me an email at email@example.com if you’re looking for a Lakeland Florida real estate agent with superior local knowledge, experience, professionalism, integrity, and personal service to help you sell or buy Carillon Lakes community homes for sale.
Petra Norris, REALTOR®…
Going The Extra Mile For You!