What can you expect to see in and around Munn Park – First Friday “Honoring Service”?
With all Lakeland First Friday events, Downtown Lakeland Partnership has always done an outstanding job organizing, which proved at last month event of “Art Walk”. I’ve never seen that many people downtown Lakeland comingling, shopping, dining and having a good time.
- Color guard demonstration by Lake Gibson High, Lake Region, and George Jenkins High Schools.
- Dance and ROTC performances throughout the evening are scheduled – Kentucky Avenue will close from Lemon Street to Oak.
- Music and Entertainment
- Student art displays along the streets
At 7:00 p.m. between Main and Lemon Street, you’ll be entertained by clogging and nutcracker dances.
- Girl Scouts are sponsoring card making activities to be sent to troops overseas.
- Massages will be offered
- Prizes to win, sign up for drawings and more.
- Lifestyle Fitness Center will also have you entertained
There is so much more from Nonperishable Food Drive organized by Brooke Pottery to benefit the Talbot House to Operation Drop Zone donating items for our active military members deployed overseas. Think about our military veterans when you shop downtown Lakeland!
Also, Senator Paula Dockery, who just announced her run for governor will be there to talk with you.
Stop by at the classic car show!
Being married to a veteran, who served 20 years in the Army and both of my sons (SIL) serving in the military, one as a Marine reservist and the other active duty in the Air Force, this is very dear to my heart. Veterans Day is November 11th and Lakeland, Florida’s First Friday local event “Honoring Service” could not have been timed any better.