My entertainment of the week recommendation is presented by the Lakeland, Florida Harrison School for the Arts – “An Evening of Opera”.
The Harrison Choral Department under the direction of Judy McLaurin and Chad Brady is inviting you to “An Evening of Opera” at 7:30 p.m. on the main state of the Harrison School for the Arts Theater located at 750 Lakeland Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland Florida 33801
The Harrison Chamber Singers will present “One False Move,” a modern opera by Susan Kander. Set in a high school, “One False Move” is based on the troublesome issues of girl bullying between two girls, Amy and Bonnie, The junior and senior women will bring to life this powerful drama through songs.
After intermission, the audience will be treated by these talented soloists and small ensembles performing repertoire such as:
- Marriage of Figaro
- Tales of Hoffman
- Magic Flute
- Madame Butterfly
Harrison Singers will sing the Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from “Nabucco,” The Bridal Chorus from “Lohengrin,” and the Bell Chorus from “I Pagliacci.”
Tickets are $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and students. Tickets are available for purchase online at www.harrisonarts.com and will include a nominal merchant fee. Remember to bring your e-ticket to the event. Tickets are available at the door one hour prior to performance.
The Harrison Box Office will be open at 6:00 p.m. the evening of the performances. (863) 499-2939.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming performances of The Harrison Fine Arts Series for 2008/09:
- Connections & Combinations, Visual Arts Exhibit & Reception, Mitchell Gallery, Feb. 27 – Mar. 27.
- Evening of Opera, Mar. 19.
- Piano Concert, Mar. 24.
- Jazz Band and Chamber Orchestra Concert, Mar. 26.
- Chamber Music Concert @ Jenkins Recital Hall, Florida Southern College, Apr. 14.
- Reflections on the Ground, Visual Arts Exhibit & Reception, Mitchell Gallery, Apr. 17 – June 4.
- Side by Side by Sondheim, Apr. 17 – Apr. 19.
- Spring Dance Concert, May 1 & 2.
- Spring Orchestra Concert, May 14.
- Spring Music Concert, May 21.
Copyright © 2009 http://www.petranorris.com| All Rights Reserved |
Lakeland Florida Entertainment of the Week – Harrison School for the Arts
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker
CDV TransAtlantic, Inc.
P.O. Box 92050 – Lakeland, FL 33804-2050
Telephone (863) 618-6919