It’s “Thriller Night” at this First Friday local event that is actually themed “Art Walk” and held around downtown Lakeland Florida around Munn Park in the streets of Kentucky Ave. As always the Downtown Lakeland Partnership prides itself of hosting and organizing First Friday events such as this one.
Expect the unexpected! Art Galleries throughout downtown Lakeland hosting art exhibits and reception and you are invited. Take a moment out of your busy schedule and see what our local artists have to offer and patron our local merchants. We have true talent here in Lakeland showcasing their art work displayed throughout downtown Lakeland – it’s worth checking it out. It all starts at 6:00 p.m. – restaurants, stores, galleries, and coffee shops are open late. What else can you expect to see?
- Dance performances
- Music & Entertainment on the streets
- Big Tent Sale
- Mitchells Coffee House – art reception and poetry reading
- Senator Paula Dockery will be there to talk with you!
- Performances in the street from Rae’s Retro Mannequin and Modeling.
- Performances stat at 7:00pm in front of J Rowan Galleries with Michael’ Jackson’s “Thriller“, Rocky Horror’s “Time Warp“ – Plus a Michael Jackson Impersonator will be there!
- Garden Bistro – next to Hollis Garden offers a German Buffet at $9.99 – Wiener Schnitzel, red cabbage, hot German potato salad and more. Music will also be provided by The Sofa Kings from 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Brooke Pottery – meet two local birding enthusiasts Rob Mason and Linda Snavley and hear their stories, they may reveal some of their hotspots for bird watching. In addition, they will show off Rob’s outstanding photographs of Florida birds, including Lakeland’s mascot – the swan.
Here are some of my photographs of this wonderful creature – hope you enjoy!
Don’t forget to stop by the classic car show on Tennessee Avenue