Looking for a new home can be a stressful event for you and your kids. Moving to a new home in Carillon Lakes community can cause anxiety for your children as they will have to leave their friends behind. To help them adjust to this change, take them with you and let them be a part of the house-hunting committee.
Take note of these tips for house hunting with kids:
- Make sure they are safe. Young children tend to explore their surroundings. Entering houses for sale will be a great opportunity for them to roam around and see where every door leads to or what every room has.
- Check out the places and activities the kids may enjoy once they move to your home in Carillon Lakes community. A trip to the park, schools, sports centers, or playgrounds may allow them to have an idea of how their new community would be.
- Communication is also a key to get your kids more involved. Ask them what their preferences are, such as, if they want a big backyard or if they want their own room. Be careful of asking too many questions though, as they might feel they are more in-charge of the whole plan. Remember that you also have to set some limits and let them know that the final decision will come from you.
- Have the kids something to do before and during the house-hunting trip in Carillon Lakes community. Before the trip, you can ask them to research on the community and the houses available there. Give them assignments and ask for their feedback on how the community is, based from their research. For younger children, you can have them draw on paper or scan through some magazines or newspapers and let them cut out some items that they want to see in your new house. This will also allow you to know what to consider and look for when you actually hunt for a new home. During the trip, you can ask them to take pictures of what they think are the best features of the house and the community.
- Don’t tire out the kids. As you take a look at every house for sale in the community, it is likely that your kids may become exhausted. Make sure there is enough time to rest and to eat snacks during your trip. Have fun with your kids by hanging out on the community park or visiting the library in between or after the house-hunting trip.
Remember to listen to your kids. A big change such as moving from one home to another can cause them stress. Make them feel they are part of the process to help them easily adjust and adapt to such a big change in their lives.
Find out more useful homeowner tips, parenting advice, list of activities and events, and more on Carillon Lakes community homes at http://www.LakelandFloridaLiving.com.
Call me, Petra Norris, at (863) 619-6918 or send me an email at email@example.com if you’re looking for a Lakeland Florida real estate agent with superior local knowledge, experience, professionalism, integrity, and personal service to help you sell or buy Carillon Lakes community homes for sale.
Petra Norris, REALTOR®…
Going The Extra Mile For You!