Neighborhoods in Lakeland Fl are just as varied and diverse as the people residing in them. From older neighborhoods with tree-lined streets to close knits neighborhoods, there’s always one to suit any taste.
Some Lakeland Fl homebuyers prefer neighborhoods offering plenty of amenities such as community pools and parks. Others prioritize proximity to schools in good districts. Other homebuyers are more interested in Lakeland Fl homes which are near shopping malls, restaurants, and entertainment spots.
With all the choices at a homebuyer’s fingertips, it could be a tough decision to make. So here are a few tips to help you find the perfect neighborhood:
1. Safety. A beautiful house can never compensate for the feeling of not being safe. You may get information from your Lakeland Fl real estate agent or local police regarding a particular area’s crime rate. You may be surprised to find some areas have higher theft rates, sexual offenders, or violent crimes than you thought.
2. School District. This is for homebuyers who presently have or are planning to have children. Research the local school districts in the area and find out which is the best for your child. You could also ask the residents in the area where their children go to school and what their feedback on the particular school is.
3. Accessibility. How close is that particular Lakeland Fl home to the major highway/ to your place of work, hospital, grocery stores, shopping malls, parks, restaurants, and other recreational spots? Some families prefer it to be close enough to walk.
4. Amenities. If you are a sports enthusiast or love boating, hiking, biking, etc, check out the community’s amenities. It won’t be fun driving for hours just to do your favorite activities.
5. Noise. You may fall in love with the Lakeland Fl home, but will you still love it despite the noise coming from the adjacent highway? A tip would be to visit the neighborhood during different times of day in different days of the week. Some streets could be quiet during the day but a bit too noisy during weekends due to its closeness to entertainment spots. Check for proximity to highways, train tracks, subways, and airports.
6. Resale Value. Think long-term and ask yourself if you will be able to sell the home in 10, 15, or 20 years from now? Your Lakeland Fl real estate agent will be able to give you information on a certain neighborhood’s resale potential. Discuss the resale potential of a certain neighborhood with your real estate agent.
Aside from the home, a neighborhood will have a very huge impact on your daily living and your family’s lifestyle so make sure to choose the right neighborhood before you make a final decision on buying a Lakeland Fl home.