Are you on the fence about putting your home on the market during the Holiday Season? Consider pre-marketing your home during the holiday season
Welcome to Pre-Marketing your Home During the Holiday Season
What is home pre-marketing? It allows you, the home seller, to market your home BEFORE it is listed for sale on the MLS. That way, your home can gather interest and be ready for showing when you are! This means those serious buyers will know your home is out there and available soon.
Get The Best Of Both Worlds
Pre-marketing lets you enjoy your home through the holidays all while garnering valuable exposure through a professional real estate agent – some people are already visiting when they are looking for a home. So, when the festive lights have been put away and the last remnants of tinsel are gone, there will already be buyers interested in seeing your home.
How Does It Work?
The internet has no seasons! We can list your home on a special website, offer buyers online photo/video tours and even write specialized blogs about your property. We have an aggressive pre-marketing plan to make sure your home is well prepared to hit the market when you are ready. Are ready to put your home in the mind of home buyers but don’t want the headache of dealing with showings and potentially moving during the holidays? Our home pre-marketing is for you! So, go ahead, enjoy that second or third glass of holiday cheer and rest assured your house is getting great exposure online.
Here Some Great Reasons To Pre-Marketing Your Home
- Serious Buyers Will See Your Home. Take advantage of those diligent online home shoppers who are looking for a home in your area.
- Potential For Multiple Offers. There is a countdown for every “coming soon” listing. This way potential home buyers know exactly when a home will hit the market for showings and offers!
- Your Will Already Have Marketing Buzz. It can take time for people to learn about your home once it’s listed for sale. If you pre-market your house you’re already halfway to selling your house before it is actually listed!
- It Saves You Time. This gem alone is worth it’s weight in gold. We only need a few photos and basic details to get started. So cherish the time with your loved ones, LIVE in your house but have no doubt your home in the minds of potential buyers.
Don’t Wait Till After The Holidays To Get Started
You ask yourself this question over and over again wether or not should I sell your home during the holidays? Take a look at Bill Gassett’s article as he shares some great advice to your questions. We know that the holiday season is a very busy time and it is a general preference whether to sell a home between October and December. However, that doesn’t mean you should avoid all home marketing activities until the first of the year. Yes, if it’s inconvenient for you to sell your home during the holidays, it’s likely to be inconvenient for your competitors – other home sellers, and buyers too. They’re quite possibly doing the same things you are; spending time with friends and family, juggling added holiday activities and just keeping afloat. Here are our top reasons for not selling during the holidays.
- The holidays are a time to spend with friends and family. Traditions and memories are made during the holidays. It’s not surprising that most people don’t want to let selling, showing and moving out of their homes consume their precious holiday time. It goes without saying that baking cookies with family is more fun than packing boxes.
- The holidays can be a hectic time. 62% of people surveyed said that they felt “very” or “somewhat” stressed during the holiday season. You know what could make it even worse? Moving. If a potential buyer wants to walk through your home you could have to leave at a moment’s notice. Although leaving your house due to a showing rarely comes at an ideal time, it’s even more annoying during the holidays when you’d rather be curled up on the couch or engaging in a fun-filled activity.
- Your house is probably not clean. Preparing your home to show and sell is a time consuming process. Not only that, but you have to keep it that way until it sells! I don’t know about you but my house isn’t always spotless during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
Nevertheless, if everyone listed their home in January you can imagine how fierce the competition would be. This means you could end up taking lower than asking price for your home, and no one wants that. Traditionally, buyers who are looking to purchase a home during the holidays are serious. These people are often a time crunch and need to move quickly. I mean, they are forgoing time with their loved ones during the holidays and using their vacation days to look at houses!
Of course, you want these buyers to see your home but you don’t want to be physically showing your home during the holidays. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way these buyers could see your home but not cramp your holiday style? Maybe even schedule a showing for right after the new year.
So, are you ready to sell your home during the holidays? Let Realtor Petra Norris pre-market your home for you! Did you know that over 90% of home searches start online? That’s why it is important to get your home listed online and on social media channels – even if you aren’t ready to make it MLS official just yet. Take advantage of Petra’s knowledge of the real estate market as she uses search engine optimization, email marketing, social media advertising, online marketing, advertisement and analytics to gain attention for your home.
Petra Norris is known for treating her clients like kings and queens therefore customer satisfaction comes naturally. Her pre-marketing solution is helpful for both sellers, and buyers. It lets the seller enjoy the last holiday season in their home all while it gathers attention online. Pre-marketing also allows buyers to view homes that will be coming into the market soon and schedule showings in advance.
Interested in pre-marketing your home during the holidays? Call Petra Norris at or call 863.712.4207 or write her a note and she’ll be in touch right away!
Additional Home Selling Resources During the Holidays
Avoid Turning Buyers Off During the Holidays – Tori Toth
Selling Your Home During the Holidays – Anita Clark
About the author: The above real estate article “Pre-Marketing Your Home During The Holiday Season” was written by Petra Norris of Lakeland Real Estate Group, Inc. With over 20 years of combined experience of selling or buying, we would love to share our knowledge and expertise. Petra can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 863-712-4207